Increased connection among automotive components increases the attack surface that hackers can exploit to threaten security and safety. Fuzz testing is a technique that consists of injecting the system under test with a large number of inputs with the aim of finding and resolving vulnerabilities before it causes real-world issues.Download the brochure
Fuzz testing, also known as fuzzing, is an automated software testing technique that involves providing unexpected or invalid input to a program or system to uncover errors, bugs, and vulnerabilities. Some of the advantages of fuzz testing include:
Save time and resources compared to manual testing.
Target specific vulnerabilities or areas of the surface or software that you need to test.
Test your entire program or software rather than just small parts of it.
Incorporate fuzz testing into an overall testing strategy.
You can trust Kudelski IoT's three decades of security expertise to help you achieve your security targets.
We are clear, transparent and collaborative in the way we work with you to achieve your security goals.
Fuzz testing results can vary depending on the specific goals and objectives of the testing, which will be unique to each client and testing plan. Some potential outcomes of fuzz testing include:
– Fuzz testing can help identify security vulnerabilities, such as buffer overflows or injection attacks, that could be exploited by attackers.
– Fuzz testing can help identify failures in a program’s functionality, such as crashes or hangs, that may occur when the program is exposed to invalid or unexpected inputs.
– Fuzz testing can generate test cases that can be used to validate the correctness and reliability of a program.
– by identifying and addressing vulnerabilities and failures, fuzz testing can help improve the overall robustness and reliability of a program.
– Fuzz testing can provide evidence that a program has been thoroughly tested, which can be useful for demonstrating compliance with industry standards or regulations.
For more information about our Automotive Fuzz Testing service, contact us...